It’s a good idea to know what to do in the event of a fire. We list the most important points for you here:
- Use the fire extinguishers in the event of a small fire. These are available in all buildings. If you have used the fire extinguisher, let the housing manager know. He will arrange to have it refilled.
- It is important to know in advance what the escape routes are for your complex. The maps showing the escape routes can be found in the hallway or in the common areas.
- If there is a large fire, leave the building via the designated escape routes, call 112 immediately and warn housemates and neighbours.
- Never use the lift when there is a fire in the building!
- Prevent the fire from spreading by closing windows and doors and shut off the gas.
- Contact Idealis after you have left the building. Outside of office hours call the emergency response service on (0317) 41 36 43.
- Make sure that the hallways are free of obstacles and that the stairwells are empty and common rooms are tidy. In this way, if a fire should break out, you will have an obstacle-free exit from the building.
You can find more tips on fire safety here.