Insure your things
Don’t forget to insure your belongings. This will prevent unpleasant surprises in the event of fire/water damage, burglary or theft. 

Home content insurance not only covers damage to the things in your room(s), but also damage to items in areas such as the garden or storage. 

You can obtain this insurance through your parents’ insurance, through your bank, and through your insurance agency. 
This insurance is not expensive, but is important in the event of fire, theft, and other similar situations. Home content insurance is often included in a package with other types of insurance.

A useful site for all types of insurance policies and insurers is
You can often take out liability insurance with a home content insurance policy as well. This kind of insurance covers damage to belongings (material damage) and people (bodily harm) that you have caused by accident. Please take the time to learn about these.